Top 10 Tips for Surviving the Naperville Winter Ale Fest
Welcome to the winter of 2016 where it can range from sunny and 50 degrees, to 32 and snowing, or freezing rain. The trick to surviving winter is to bundle up and embrace the crazy weather, whatever it may be. What better way to embrace winter than to drink craft beer outside in February? That’s why we created the Naperville Winter Ale Fest. With a little planning and preparation you can turn your humdrum winter into an unforgettable experience.
- Plan ahead. Check out the Naperville Winter Ale Fest website’s FAQ section and Facebook to get all the latest details about the fest.
- Don’t let parking derail your day. However you choose to get to the fest, give yourself plenty of time.
- Food is Fuel. Make sure to check out Chicago’s favorite food trucks while at the fest.
- Bring your ticket. Sounds like a no-brainer, but warrants a mention. Print your ticket or have it easily accessible on your phone.
- Dress WARMLY. Break out your long johns, parka, boots, hat, scarf, and gloves.
- Avoid the front gate frenzy. Bring cash for a quick sale if you are purchasing your ticket at the gate and look for the signs at the top of the entrance tents to make the front gate as smooth and efficient as possible.
- Respect the tents. Keep moving through the tents after you get your drinks and keep all smoke away from tents and tent entrances.
- Pace Yourself. Four hours is a long time to drink, so take your time, drink plenty of water throughout the day, and remember you don’t have to drink every ounce poured.
- Have Fun! Sit and relax around the fire pits, check out the ice sculptures, purchase some NWAF swag, and enjoy your surroundings.
Get Your Tickets Now
If you haven’t grabbed your tickets already, do so now — we’re getting close and you don’t want to miss out! Tickets include a dizzying array of experiences and access to over 130 unique beers from craft breweries around the country, live music, an ice sculpture demonstration, the Samuel Adams Homebrewers Pavillion, three fire pits, seven food trucks, a 12-piece live New Orleans brass band… and the opportunity to try four one-of-a-kind Randall Recipes in the Infusion Tent.
We’ll see you in Naperville!
Saturday, February 27, 2016
12:00 to 4:00 pm
About Naperville Winter Ale Fest
Situated on the frozen tundra of Naperville’s Frontier Park – Naperville Winter Ale fest will feature over 130 unique beers from more than 65 different breweries. Pull out your long-johns and parkas, it’s time to experience winter’s best craft beers. The fest will also feature live music and food from some of Chicagoland’s favorite food trucks.